Feeling burnt out and in pain? Try spiritual healing, which is using our five senses to heal trauma, pain, or emotional disturbance
Hello, sun-being! I’m here today to talk to you about a very special thing our body is capable of. Think about a moment in the past when you felt really, truly alive and happy. Now tell me, what did your body feel at that moment? Did you feel your body aching, or for once, did you just feel it relax?
The mind and body are connected in almost mystical ways. For centuries, Ayurvedic practices have spoken of how deeply entrenched this connection is and used it to heal both the body and mind. When the mind is still and at peace, the body moves to a state of rest too.
Recommended for you: Want to know more about the mind body connection? Click here.
Through my years of Ayurvedic study, I’ve seen the mind and the body move from a state of disconnect to a state of harmony. And as the body and mind unite, the spiritual energy of the world begins to flow through us, and we begin to truly live our dharma.
The body often reflects the state of mind. In spiritual healing, we flip the script and use the body to slowly achieve harmony with the mind. Thoughts begin to translate into action without you even being conscious of it.
Spiritual healing is a process that requires trust and faith in yourself. Often, spiritual coaches take up the work of guiding people to heal themselves and set out to achieve what they’ve dreamt of.
What is the spiritual approach to healing?
The spiritual approach to healing focuses on the power of the body, the heart, and the mind. Using the five senses of sight, smell, touch, hearing, and taste, spiritual healing addresses trauma, pain, or any kind of emotional disturbance. As spiritual healing progresses, the mind and body unite and become a conduit for the spiritual energy of the universe at large.
Spiritual healing is based on the idea that physical ailments, both minor and major, can and should be addressed through modern medicines, but if the underlying root cause—a past traumatic event, a lack of self-esteem, or emotional disturbances—is not relieved, the physical illnesses will continue.
Not a fan of reading? Then watch this episode of my Highest Self Podcast with Dr. Zach Bush on How To Heal Your Body Holistically And Spiritually. Tune in!
The link between spirituality and pain healing
Pain isn’t always linked to a physical source. Sometimes, mental agony can take its toll on your physical body. I’m sure you might have heard of people who found that they had more gray hairs growing out when they went through extreme stress or people who go through traumatic events and then look like they’ve aged ten years over a few days. This is why it becomes crucial to acknowledge pain when it comes to spiritual healing. Constant shoulder pain or aching legs aren’t normal. Sometimes, it may be a sign that your mind has something it needs to heal from.
When we begin to work on spiritual healing, not only are we healing pain, we become more aware of our soul’s gifts, and we begin to move towards our dharma. As the mind and the body begin to align, we’ll see the unique destiny that was crafted for us by the world. And as a truly divine being, the world will truly help you achieve anything you dream of. The pain will likely go away.
Even if it doesn’t, the level of satisfaction that you’ll feel because of living your purpose will be your only focus, and the pain will fade into the background.
Want help in finding your soul’s purpose? Then tune into Sahara’s free Discover Your Purpose Masterclass.
You may also like: How to increase your Spiritual Energy
The Best Practices to Incorporate Spiritual Healing in Your Daily Life
But how do you heal spiritually? Are there any practices that help with this? Well, there are as many spiritual healing practices as there are people! Each individual is unique, and it may even take a blend of spiritual practices for you to heal yourself. There’s no harm in exploring and trying.
Here are a few that I swear by!
Meditation is a practice in which an individual uses a technique—such as mindfulness, or focusing the mind on a particular object, thought, or activity—to train attention and awareness and to achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm-and-stable state.
Even something as simple as rhythmic inhalation and exhalation counts as meditation! It doesn’t always mean sitting in silence either; some people love dancing in silence as a form of meditation.
Recommended for you: A guide to Chakra Meditation
Derived from the Sanskrit word “Yuji,” meaning union or yoke, yoga is a practice that brings together the body and mind. A skilled yoga instructor doesn’t just work on making your body flexible, they also help you use the practice to heal past trauma and achieve balance when it comes to your mental and emotional stability.
Mantras are vibrations or sounds that create the desired effect, such as self-awareness, transformation, purification, or healing.
Chanting mantras also helps with energizing the body! I love combining yoga with mantras, it immediately relaxes me and helps my mind and my body work together towards my goals.
Affirmations are positive statements that aim to challenge previously held negative thinking patterns. By writing down or saying affirmations out loud every day, you’ll become more aware of your thoughts and feelings. It also really helps boost your confidence.
I love saying these affirmations out loud.
- Today, I am brimming with energy and overflowing with joy.
- My body is healthy; Mind is brilliant; My soul is tranquil.
- I have been given endless talents, which I begin to utilize today.
- I am guided in my every step by the Spirit who leads me towards what I must know and do.
- Happiness is a choice. I base my happiness on my accomplishments and the blessings I’ve been given.
- Creative energy surges through me and leads me to new and brilliant ideas.
- My ability to conquer my challenges is limitless; my potential to succeed is infinite.
- Everything that is happening now is happening for my ultimate good.
- I radiate beauty, charm, and grace.
- I am at peace with all that has happened, is happening, and will happen.
- My nature is divine; I am a spiritual being.
- My life is just beginning.
I usually start my day with affirmations and go to bed after saying them as well. They help me set the tone for the day in the morning and settle down at night.
Take some time off and travel to new destinations. I’ve always relied on vacations to help me relax my mind and body when things get too overwhelming. Here are a few of my favorite destinations.
Recommended for you: 7 dreamy destinations to relax your mind and body
The Benefits of Spiritual Healing
As you walk down the path of spiritual healing, you’ll see your life change in ways that you never expected. When I began my spiritual healing journey, it was like building my own identity all over again. That can feel scary, but as you heal, you’ll see your life changed in the most wonderful ways.
Here are a few benefits of spiritual healing that I noticed in myself.
- It helps with spiritual growth and emotional balance
- It will raise the body’s vibrational frequency, allowing cosmic energy to help you manifest your desires.
- Helps your body shift into a state of deep relaxation when you sleep so that you wake up feeling energetic and peaceful
- It helps you acquire more spiritual energy to do things and keeps you driven.
- Reinforces the immune system, to keep you healthy.
- Helps you get better sleep,
- It normalizes blood pressure
- It can help with acute (injuries) and chronic problems (asthma, eczema, headaches, etc.) and aides the breaking of addictions
- Helps relieve pain
- It removes spiritual energy blockages and brings the body into balance and harmony
- Helps clear away toxins in your system, giving you that healthy glow
- It helps you achieve a balance between all the things you do in a day
Spiritual Healing Quotes to Help You on Your Healing Journey
Remember what I said about spiritual healing practices being very unique to an individual? I enjoy having spiritual quotes to remind me to continue this process of spiritual healing. Be it sticking these on the wall, writing them in a journal and reading them at the start of a day, or using these as mantras, there are an infinite number of ways to use them.
Here are my favorite ones!
- The greater the doubt, the greater the awakening—Albert Einstein.
- You don’t have to earn your joy – Sahara Rose
- The more you realize the immense good within you, the more you magnetize the immense good around you. – Alan Cohen
- You owe yourself the support you so openly give others. – Sahara Rose
- This moment is all there is. – Rumi
- It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves. – William Shakespeare
- When there’s nothing but humility, there is nothing but spiritual oneness. – Frederick Lenz
- Less time in doubt, more time in action – Sahara Rose
- The Way is not in the sky, the Way is in the heart – Gautama Buddha
- Let yourself be celebrated – Sahara Rose
Spiritual Healing Books That I Adore!
You can never have too much knowledge, can you? Spiritual healing is a broad field of study, and on the Internet, resources are plentiful. To help you understand the process, I’ve made a tiny list of my top three books on spiritual healing. These books really opened my eyes to the world of spiritual healing, and they have to be on your bookshelf!
1. The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself – Michael A. Singer
This powerful book dives into disconnecting from your ego and connecting to the world at large. It’s a must-read to help you move away from your doubts and fears!
2. Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life with the Heart of a Buddha – Tara Brach
This book dives into the root of self-esteem issues and doubts in the most surreal way. It made me realize how to work on these small things that need healing, one step at a time.
3. You Can Heal Your Life – Louise Hay
This wonderful rollercoaster of a book talks about how our beliefs, our emotions, and our health are all connected and affect each other. If anyone is living proof of how spiritual healing works, it’s Louisa Hay.
Spiritual Healing isn’t an easy path to pursue, and I am so proud of you for taking the initiative to change your life for the better. It might seem hard right now, but I promise you, things will only get better!
Let’s heal together, star child! The universe has brought us together.
Want to be a dharma coach? Save your seat at the Dharma Coaching Institute Now!