I was always that person people came to when they wanted to eat healthier, feel better or think clearer. I would catch myself in conversations with total strangers about their deepest darkest secrets and life goals. People just naturally opened up to me and I honestly loved providing value back. I was coaching people without getting paid for it (sound familiar?)
Even though it wasn’t my profession, I spent ALL my time researching nutrition, recipes, wellness, holistic health, psychology, spirituality and everything in between. I began blogging and soon that blog became my passion.
I wanted to help people become healthier and happier but wasn’t sure how.
I dreamed of a career as some sort of holistic wellness advisor/ life coach but didn’t know where to begin.
On all of my favorite bloggers about pages, I noticed they had gone to IIN, Institute for Integrative Nutrition. The name kept showing up everywhere I looked, so I realized it was a sign from the universe I needed to pay closer attention.
The thing is..
I had a lot of fear.
- Fear that no one would take me seriously.
- Fear that I was too young or not educated enough (I was only 21-years-old).
- Fear that no one would listen to me.
I also had my OWN health problems I was dealing with so felt like I’d be a fraud to help others if I wasn’t PERFECT myself.
Eventually, I decided to take the plunge and signed up for Institute for Integrative Nutrition, not with the goal of becoming a health-coach (fears will still full-on) but just so I could learn more about nutrition for myself.
Throughout the program, I was surprised by how much easier it was to become a health-coach then I had envisioned in my mind. I thought I had to be a nutritional scientist to help people. I realized all you have to have is an open heart and be able to hold space for people in their process.
My first coach was a woman who wanted to lose weight for her wedding. I helped her with that and soon after she came to me wanting help to change her diet for fertility. I worked with her on that and a year later, she sent me a picture of her baby boy, saying thanks to me she was able to get pregnant and wanted to work together to now lose the post-pregnancy weight!
I had never felt so much pride. Because of me, she was able to bring life into this world. I knew right then that this is what I want to keep doing for the rest of my life.
Since then I’ve:
- Written three books, including the #1 Best-Selling Ayurveda book in the world, Idiot’s Guide to Ayurveda, published by Penguin Random House with foreword by Deepak Chopra
- I’ve created six online programs
- Coached thousands of women around the world.
- Spoken on talk shows, radios shows, events and everywhere in between
- Been a key-note speaker at events such as Wanderlust Festival, Envision Festival
- Spoke at Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move Campaign Event at Harvard Medical School
- Launched my own podcast, Highest Self Podcast, which was listed as Top 7 Podcasts by Yoga Journal.
- Led sold-out retreats in India, Costa Rica, Joshua Tree and other destinations
- Created an audience of over 200k active members.
- Creating multiple six figures doing what I love
- And truly touched the lives of many people along the way