The secret ingredient to plump, natural & soft skin is here. Using this once a week acts as a skin detox & will leave your skin baby soft.
Could your skin use a little bit more glow?
Do you ever have blemishes on your skin you wish you could get rid of?
Have dark spots from this summer stayed on your skin into the Fall?
Do you miss that plump, line-free skin you had in your younger years?
Then I have the solution for you.
It’s cheap. It’s easy. It’s convenient. And it’s all-natural (duh, I recommend it.)
This magical ingredient has been used for thousands of years in Ayurvedic tradition and now it has become mainstream.
What is it, you ask?
“Castor oil?” you may be thinking. “You mean that super sticky oily stuff that only my Grama uses to get her bowels moving!?
Castor oil can do more than give you loose stools. It is actually a healing agent that can totally turn around your skin, whether it’s on the dry or oily side.
I know now you may be thinking, “Oil on my face? Absolutely not. I’ll totally break out.”
However, Castor Oil isn’t just any oil. It’s extremely antibacterial, antifungal, and antimicrobial, killing acne-causing bacteria. It penetrates the deep layers of your pores, cleansing out your skin more than any face wash.
And at the same time, it’s extremely moisturizing. It doesn’t strip your skin of natural oils like cleansers do, which actually leads to further acne because your skin has to produce more oil. Instead, it hydrates your skin with Vitamin E.
The fatty acids in Castor Oil also stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, which repairs and softens your skin, as well as reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. There’s a reason they call it Botox in a Bottle.
And if you spent a little too much time in the sun this summer, Castor oil can help reverse some of the damage. It helps remove dark spots and even under eye circles, brightening and evening out your skin tone.
Name another product that cleanses your pores, removes lines and wrinkles, reverses dark spots and moisturizes your skin from a cellular level.. All without a single drop of chemical solution.
Hi Castor Oil. Let’s talk.
Though Castor Oil’s magic has been known for thousands of years in Ayurvedic tradition, today Dermatologists even agree that castor oil is an effective product for toning, moisturizing, and cleansing the skin. Research has found that castor oil penetrates the deep pores and removes blackhead-causing debris, so you know it’s full proof.
As quoted in The Oil That Heals by Dr. McGarey, he writes, “Castor oil will leave the body in better condition than it found it.”
So how does it work? Let me explain.
Cleansing with Castor 101 for Skin Detox
Make sure you buy 100% pure Castor Oil and not the cheaper replicas you find at many pharmacies.
To cleanse your face with Castor oil, mix a few drops of the oil with another oil. You don’t want to use only Castor oil on the skin because it will be too thick. It’s best when mixed with another oil and just as powerful.
Oils To Mix Castor Oil In:
- I suggest sesame or jojoba oil for dry, Vata skin.
- Coconut or sunflower seed oil for acne-prone, Pitta skin.
- Apricot or olive oil for balanced or combination, Kapha skin.
What ratio of Castor oil to the other oil you ask?
Here are my suggestions, according to your skin.
- Oily skin: Try a blend of 30% castor oil to 70% the other oil
- Balanced Skin: Try a blend of 20% castor oil to 80% the other oil
- Dry Skin: Try a blend of 10% castor oil to 90% the other oil
How To Cleanse for the best skin detox:
- You’ll need a clean washcloth, your oil blend, and warm, running water.
- Pour a quarter-sized amount of your oil blend into your hand. Roughly, the size of a quarter. Rub your hands together to warm the oil and smooth it over your face.
- Massage the oil into your face. This will remove sunscreen, makeup, dirt, and other impurities, so there is no need to wash your face prior to the cleanse.
- Slowly and firmly massage the oil deeply into your pores. Take your time in problem areas so they can penetrate deep into your pores.
- Let the oil saturate your skin for a few minutes.
- Soak your washcloth under warm water. Don’t make the water too hot or you will further dry out your skin.
- Hold the washcloth over your face until it cools. You will feel your pores softening and releasing the impurities. Gently wipe away the oil. Rinse the washcloth and repeat several times until you feel cleansed.
- Avoid scrubbing your skin. It’s not necessary as castor oil will naturally cleanse your face.
- Look in the mirror at your soft new skin, free of impurities, dead skin cells, and bacteria. All without a professional facial!
How Often to Cleanse to remove face impurities:
Once a week is good for this cleanse. You don’t want to be cleansing too regularly because it can actually dry out your skin. It is possible that you unblocked an oil flow and may have a pimple immediately after but it’s from unclogging that pore and it should clear up in a few days. Give your skin time to adjust and allow it to have its cleansing process for the next few days. I suggest giving yourself a break from makeup to allow your skin to cleanse during this time.
Let me know how it went in the comments! Share with friends who think would enjoy!
For more skin-care routines customized to your skin type, join my 12 Week Guided Program! Beautiful skin starts from within and it will take you the right diet, recipes, and lifestyle habits you need for glowing skin from within. See more info here.
Hope you enjoy!