Become an Ayurvedic Counselor
Are you ready to heal the world with Ayurvedic wisdom?
Are you ready to be among the first generation of Ayurvedic Counselors in the US?
Are you ready to share this ancient healing system that includes the mind, body and spirit?
Are you ready to give people a deeper understanding of food, yoga, their bodies and life through Ayurveda?
I’ve partnered up with Joyful Belly School of Ayurvedic Diet & Digestion to offer my Mind-Body Balancer Community a $1000 scholarship for their two programs:
Fundamentals of Natural Healing – Ayurveda Health Counselor 750 Hour Certification (most POPULAR and RECOMMENDED!)
Masters of Ayurvedic Digestion and Nutrition 500 Hour Certification
Joyful Belly was the most helpful resource for me while writing my books Idiot’s Guide to Ayurveda and Eat Feel Fresh. While searching high-and-low for an accredited, online Ayurveda certification program with live calls, Joyful Belly came to me like a blessing from the sky. It’s been my go-to source of Ayurvedic wisdom for the past three years and at the forefront of the Ayurveda movement. Just like me, the founder John Immel blends ancient Ayurvedic knowledge with modern nutritional science, making it accessible and relatable for today’s day-and-age.
After graduating you will be able to:
Work one-on-one with clients i
Start your own practice
Work in wellness clinics, spas, Ayurvedic centers
Work alongside Doctors, naturopaths and chiropractors.
**Keep in mind, an Ayurvedic Counselor is NOT a Doctor and cannot give medical advice.**
Best of all, both programs are part-time and online so you can study from home while still working so you don’t have to take time off for school.
As a special gift for my Mind-Body Balancer tribe, on top of the $1000 discount, I am offering an exclusive webinar on How to Build a Thriving Practice as an Ayurvedic Counselor.
I’ll show you how to:
Secure clients (even if they’ve never heard of Ayurveda)
Introduce key Ayurvedic topics to groups
Brand yourself as an Ayurvedic Counselor!
I want you to be SUCCESSFUL in your career as an Ayurvedic Counselor which is why I’m teaching you the tips and tricks I’ve learned along the way through YEARS of trial-and-error so you can have MAXIMUM impact and make your voice heard!
As an additional bonus, I’m creating an exclusive Ayurvedic Healer FB group where you can connect with other students, support one another in your process and ask me questions throughout your studies!
I know what it’s like to sign up for online programs with no accountability and live calls, which made me not complete them. That’s why I chose to team up with Joyful Belly because they give you the flexibility of studying online, while still having 1-3 weekly live calls so you will have lots of support throughout the process!
Let me tell you about the two programs!
Fundamentals of Natural Healing
Expect to be challenged, to step into excellence and achievement as you learn the skills, knowledge and confidence to apply the basic principles of Ayurveda, and to work effectively on treatment teams, bridging the gap between Western and complementary medicine.
Seasoned health professionals and dedicated enthusiasts alike will enjoy the discoveries they will make through this foundational program of Ayurvedic knowledge. By the end of this program you will be able to start your clinical practice as you:
Begin meeting with clients, offering them diet and lifestyle counseling.
Start teaching Ayurveda in local hospitals, health & wellness clinics, spas and yoga studios
Offer Ayurveda alongside existing services you provide as a nurse, medical doctor, nutritionist, yoga teacher, esthetician, or massage therapist.
Create herb formulas
Feel confident that you have a solid foundation to apply Ayurvedic principles.
Goal of the Program
What if medical doctors could take one look at a client and immediately understand subtle changes happening in their body – in their liver, kidney, and heart? Through this program you will discover the body from a whole new perspective, gain unique insight into human nature, and learn how the body functions as a whole.
By the end of the program you will be able to:
Assess organ and tissue health in the body of your clients through visual and behavioral cues. You will be able to articulate how imbalances within organs translate to observable signs and symptoms on the surface of your client’s body. In a practical, scientific way you will be able to demonstrate Ayurvedic principles to your clients through concrete example.
Analyze the roots of your clients’ imbalances. Your client will emerge from consultations with you having a whole new understanding of their body and able to navigate health challenges in their diet and lifestyle no matter what their environment and circumstance.
Improve the quality of life for your clients using Ayurveda’s unique application of diet and lifestyle for wellness, offering your clients easy, elegant solutions to improve vitality despite complex health challenges.
Build Your Clinical Practice
Inspire your client’s confidence in you, and the confidence of the medical community, through your ability to articulate Ayurveda’s qualitative approach to the body.
Improve your ability to serve your clients with quality care and ensure successful outcomes.
Get inspired with new perspectives on your body & nutrition. Rediscover your love of health & wellness.
Develop qualifications for leadership in your field
What You Get When You Enroll
Comprehensive presentations covering Ayurvedic philosophy, anatomy, foundational concepts, methods of examination and assessment, treatment approaches, herbs and more!
Clinical supervision and review for 50 client encounters
Body awareness exercises to give you a direct experience of the medicinal effects of diet and lifestyle changes introduced through the program.
Access to qualified teachers and the student body to facilitate your discovery and troubleshoot challenges.
750 Hour Certificate of Completion at the Ayurvedic Health Counselor level
Many students will continue their studies in this program by advancing to their 500 hour certification program Mastering Ayurvedic Digestion & Nutrition.
Expect to experience:
A comprehensive understanding of all Ayurvedic fundamentals
Practical, simple techniques to alleviate suffering & enhance quality of life
Moments of discovery about your own body
Results-oriented insight into the body and patterns of imbalance
Challenging & transformative ways to support health & wellness, as well as remedy imbalances
Clinical supervision & review for 50 client encounters
Masters of Ayurvedic Digestion
Seasoned Ayurvedic practitioners, health professionals, and dedicated enthusiasts alike will enjoy the discoveries they will make through this specialized program in integrative digestion & nutrition.Through this program you will:
- Master the art of digestive tract health and wellness for over 30 major digestive tract pathologies.
- Experience first-hand the subtleties of your body’s unique relationship to food through a hands-on approach.
- Develop your capacity and confidence to make expert food recommendations to your clients, on a case by case basis.
Goal of the Program
By the end of the program:
- You’ll be able to experience your digestive process in each of the tissues in your digestive tract. You’ll know what is happening to the food in your digestive tract every step of the way. You’ll be able to correct imbalances in digestion through natural remedies.
- You’ll know food so well you will be able to go to a foreign country, eat a food you’ve never seen before, and after three days be able to tell its pharmacological effects, just through taste and your experience of digesting the food.
- You will be able to teach this body-centric approach to your clients, showing them how to make better food choices guided by actual digestive and nutritional experiences.
- You will gain effective techniques to address a wide range of digestive concerns with clients as well as practical skills to effectively coach clients in achieving their health & wellness goals
Build Your Clinical Practice
- Improve your ability to serve your clients with quality care and ensure successful outcomes.
- Develop qualifications for leadership in your field
- Get inspired with new perspectives on your body & nutrition. Rediscover your love of health & wellness.
- Inspire your client’s confidence in you, and the confidence of the medical community, through your ability to articulate the nuances of major digestive disorders.
What You Get When You Enroll
- Comprehensive weekly presentations covering all major digestive tract pathologies
- Weekly live discussion of a case study gives you practical holistic recommendations.
- Weekly food & body awareness exercises followed by discussion give you a direct experience of the medicinal effects of a wide variety of foods and herbs.
- Access to qualified teachers and a professional student body to facilitate your discovery and troubleshoot challenges.
- A comprehensive digestive consultation manual walking you through the entire digestive consultation process from A-Z, detailing a comprehensive list of questions for a myriad of client scenarios. This manual is provided at the cost of printing & shipping. Note: This manual is exclusively available to students, only.
- 500 Hour Certificate of Completion as an Ayurvedic Nutrition & Digestive Health Coach.
Expect to experience:
- A comprehensive program to drive your knowledge and expertise in digestive health to the level of mastery.
- Moments of discovery about your own body
- Results-oriented insight into patterns of digestive disorders
- Confidence as you sharpen your clinical skills and increase your value to your clients
- Challenging & transformative ways to address digestive health disorders
- Practical, simple techniques to alleviate suffering and strengthen digestion
Should I get my beginner’s level Ayurveda training before either of the programs?
Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned professional, all those who wish to specialize in diet, nutrition and digestion will find this course rich in new perspectives and engaging content. Since we present the content in language even your clients can understand, a background in Ayurveda is not required to enroll. Many health professionals take our program instead of basic Ayurvedic training because they want to master digestion & nutrition, instead of studying to be a generalist.
Will there enough mentoring / support?
Your homework will be graded with comments each week to help steer you in the right direction. The 3 live weekly lectures and Facebook group also provide an opportunity to voice questions and concerns. We will walk you through the steps of your thesis writing – providing feedback and guidance on everything from developing your topic, to drafting your outline and each phase of paper writing. Weekly office hours are available to address any concerns or questions you might have. After graduation you will have an opportunity to take a Clinical Mentorship program to continue learning.
Will the course include herbs?
Yes, you will learn many of the most effective herbs in supporting digestive health. Part of each week’s homework assignment will entail creating an herb formula and you will have access to a reference sheet on how to do that.