Moon milk has been around since the beginning of Ayurveda. It’s a perfect alternative to caffeine and also helps with sleep & digestion. Discover the recipe to this marvelous drink
Golden milk, turmeric lattes, or most recently named, moon milk, has been around since the beginning of Ayurveda. Turmeric is a powerful healing ingredient that helps with digestion, immunity, detoxification, and is beneficial to all doshas. A perfect alternative to coffee, or caffeine, for starting the day, it also helps with sleep and aids in digestion before bed.
Adjust the quantities of ingredients, depending on how many servings you want to make, or your taste preferences.
How To Make Moon Milk:
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 droplets stevia or 1 teaspoon raw honey
- Pinch of black pepper (to enhance absorption)
- Optional: ¼ tsp ginger powder and/or a pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pour all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Use a frother or whisker to stir well
- Drink in a large bowl with two hands, honoring the beverage. Another tip I learned in India.
You may like: Turmeric, the new Anti Depressant?